Dear Fandom Growth Exchange Writer 2022
Thank you so much for writing for me! I would honestly love anything for any of these characters, and I'm very excited to see what you come up with, so please know that the prompts below are just ideas, not meant to be binding or exclusive in any way. If you have something in mind that you love and has nothing to do with any of my prompts, please feel absolutely free to write that. If you have fun writing it, I'll have fun reading it! ♥
All my requests are for fic only. I have treats enabled on my AO3, which is
VanaTuivana.
DNWs: noncanonical death of requested characters, horror, zombies, explicitly-described gore or major injury, A/B/O, unrequested gender changes or gender headcanons.
Moon Knight (Comics)
These characters are all from the current ongoing run of Moon Knight by Jed MacKay, which is currently 13 issues in and can be found wherever you get your comics as well as on the high seas. I love this book so much and would be delighted to read anything with the new characters MacKay has introduced as well as any of Moon Knight's other supporting cast. I've read some of the older comics but am not as familiar with them, but feel free to bring in anyone and anything you enjoy.
Badr/Marc Spector and Badr & Marc Spector: I really like the amount of kneeling and tender binding of wounds and calling Marc "brother" that Badr has been doing in this book, and I'd love fic that leans into the religious quasi-incest aspect of them having a relationship of any kind (ancient Egyptian gods, as we know, are all about incest!). Whether it's a real connection between them or dubcon/noncon Khonshu Made Them Do It, I'm here for it! Also, Badr and Marc connecting in any way; they have so much to teach each other about the different ways of being Fists of Khonshu and their different philosophies about protecting the Travelers of the Night. Maybe Badr patching Marc up after a rough battle again, or the two of them chasing down a bad guy together. I love the number of little-used C-list villains this book has pulled from Marvel's back catalog and would love to see them take on any old costumed weirdo you can think of.
Soldier/Marc Spector and Soldier & Marc Spector: Um, the run-into-certain-death-for-you loyalty is everything with these two. Also, Soldier wearing the Mr. Knight suit. Also also, I really need Marc figuring out how to look Soldier in the eye after his vampire transformation which he blames himself for, and Soldier reassuring him that he's fine with it. And maybe blood-drinking. I mean, if you want. I'd be happy to see their relationship develop into a closer friendship, or for there to be a whole lot of sexual tension that breaks. I'm all about that clothes-sharing thing, and also the two of them understanding a lot about each other without really saying much out loud. Marc for sure gets Soldier, as a young man who went into soldiering for the wrong reasons and fought for the wrong people and carries a lot of guilt about that, and I'd love to see that connection explored in fic.
House of Shadows/Marc Spector: Yes, I ship Marc with the new Mission itself. It's not weird. (It's maybe kind of weird.) But they have such a great connection, and I would especially love to see the House of Shadows taking care of Marc in a way only a supernatural living building can do: trapping him in the kitchen and shoving food at him until he eats something vaguely healthy, locking him in a bedroom and wrapping him in blankets until he gets some rest. Maybe helping him out with the other needs of his body as well? The sky's the limit, and frankly, the weirder the better.
Reese & Marc Spector: One of the things I love most about Marc and Reese's relationship is Marc, this grown man who is utterly incapable of taking care of himself (look at him when he has his mask off, he is a complete and utter wreck), being bound and determined that he is going to take care of this teenage vampire who's fallen into his lap; and Reese being pretty dang self-sufficient but letting him take care of her anyway because in the process that means he's also kind of taking care ofhim? I love the idea of her forcibly taking care of him as well and making him eat real food and sleep somewhere not in a sarcophagus... Anyway, anything with these two would be so fun: Reese pestering him (and Tigra! Reese and Tigra are so dang good together, omg) with questions about his past and the Avengers and "real superheroes". The two of them doing Midnight Mission work and helping someone in their neighborhood with any kind of problem from 'lost cat' to 'husband abducted by aliens'. Or just Reese instituting a mandatory Mission-wide bonding-time movie night! If you want to turn this into "Marc & Reese & the whole Midnight Mission crew hang out and do not fight crime in any sense whatsoever" I would be delighted. <3
Cable and X-Force (Comics)
Written by Dennis Hopeless from 2013-2014 and complete in 19 issues (all available wherever you get your comics as well as on the high seas), this is another relatively obscure book that I just adored: Cable's grim determination to save the future one last time, his relationship with Hope, the wonderfully dysfunctional team, and especially these two cantankerous mutant geniuses bickering and one-upping each other through mad science and space travel. I ship it so hard and would love to read anything set during the run or about these two characters reunited in the present day, or anything in between.
James Bradley/Forge: I was so enamored with Nemesis and Forge’s cantankerous bickering and oneupmanship and SCIENCE BATTLES in this title and I ship them like whoa. Just... battle mech, dinosaurs, clones, spaceships, making out. Anything here would make me so happy. A missing scene during the series when the two of them were "lying low" in Mexico or at Forge's super-sekrit underground base? Yes! The continuing madcap adventures of Doc and Skitch post-series after the team breaks up? Oh gosh, yes please! The ramifications of the mind-linky plot that had them wandering around each other's mindscapes (are they now linked in some way? soulbonded??)? Take my money. And also: Dr. Nemesis' empathic starfish, from the X-Club miniseries. ANYTHING with the starfish.
Alpha Flight
Alpha Flight are my favorite team going WAY back; these pairings are all from Classic Alpha Flight starting with John Byrne's run in the early 80s (which can be found in all the normal comics places as well as on the high seas) as well as Alpha Flight: Fear Itself and later comics, and I can never get enough of them! I'd love to read anything about these characters before or during the early days of Alpha Flight, in the present day, or whenever!
Jean-Paul Beaubier/Walter Langkowski: Okay, that issue of volume 1 where Walter died and Aurora was grieving her boyfriend, and Jean-Paul shed a silent tear or two, and it became extremely clear that he had been in love with Walter too? Gah, my heart. I love the antagonistic relationship between these two, always centered around their love for and possessive/protective feelings for Aurora. Anything angsty and twisty would be perfect: manipulation, dubcon, something with Walt’s animal urges as the Sasquatch transformation gets more difficult to control, Jean-Paul being jealous of Aurora for having Walt’s love and jealous of Walt for having Aurora’s? Or Jean-Paul/Walt in something slightly more fluffy and healthy during one of Aurora’s many disappearances, or Walt discovering that his weird feelings toward JP are actually a big old crush and figuring out what to do about that. I'm also very much up for good old something-made-them-do-it (sex pollen, aliens, the early-AF villain Gilded Lily with her alchemical wiles) or any kind of tropey nonsense here, too.
Jean-Paul Beaubier/Raymonde Belmonde: Raymonde was the older man who took Jean-Paul in as a runaway teenager pickpocket and started him off in his pro skiing career, and there are a couple panels in the one issue where he appears that imply both that he's gay ("This is your daughter? But... how?" is a charmingly baffled JP quote that lives rent-free in my head forever) and that he's the one who helped JP learn to be okay with being both gay and a mutant. They had a very intense relationship -- "more than a father, much more than a friend~" is the Comics Code-approved way it was put in Alpha Flight #7 -- and I'd love to read an exploration of that relationship as a romantic or sexual one, either at the time (totally okay with JP being underage here) or later in life. Raymonde coaching Jean-Paul through skiing disappointments or his failure to make friends with the other kids or nightmares about his past, hurt/comfort and blurred lines between a familial relationship and a romantic/sexual one, or the two of them on more equal terms once JP is an adult would all be wonderful!
Heather MacNeil Hudson/Eugene Judd: Judd being in love with Heather is canon and very bittersweet, considering that he was the one she leaned on the most after her husband died around AF #12-13 (in addition to Logan, which, well, see below!). Their slow romance was growing, and then... Mac came back from the deadsort of and everything changed. I'd love to read any kind of AU where Mac stayed gone, or he came back but he and Heather didn't get back together, and she was able to explore her connection with Judd, who I think is such a fascinating, tragic character masquerading as occasional comic relief. Or what about the present-ish, post AF volume 4, the Fear Itself tie-in, when Heather has gone a little (okay, maybe a lot) nuts and is on the run after kidnapping her daughter Claire; maybe Eugene is the one to find her instead of Mac, and he can help her find her way back to the person she wants to be? ;_;
Heather MacNeil Hudson/James MacDonald Hudson/Logan: I swear this threesome is as close to canon as any Marvel threesome (well, maybe slightly less canon than Jean/Scott/Emma... or Jean/Scott/Logan). I mean, Mac and Heather first met Logan on their pre-marriage 'honeymoon' trip and spent weeks alone with him in an isolated cabin, taming the wild beast with love! Later comics tried to persuade us that the Hudsons always viewed him as a pseudo-son, but that is not even close to what it looks like, right? Logan is definitely half in love with Heather as of his appearance in the first volume of Alpha Flight after Mac's death, and I'd actually love to see the two of them grieving together, or him showing up after Mac's initial return to find out if it's really him (which... it isn't, it's definitely not!Mac, but what if it was him, and what if they duked it out and then kissed??). Anything from their history pre-Alpha Flight volume 1, when they were at Department H together getting the initial version of the Flight program up and running, or the complicated feelings around Logan's desertion of Department H when he went to join the X-Men (Uncanny X-Men #109, 120-121), would also be just so lovely.
Invincible (Image Comics)
This was a long-running book by Robert Kirkman that ran from 2003-2018 and can be found in the usual comics places or on the high seas! It also recently became an animated show, the first season of which is available on Amazon Prime (though Paul Cha hasn't appeared in the show yet!). I have a thing for complicated and slightly-codependent relationships between twins, and these two push all my buttons! Anything with the Cha twins (plus the Immortal) would be so great.
Kate Cha/Paul Cha: I would adore a fucked-up, codependent Kate/Paul and exploring that any way you want, through canon events or any kind of AU. I'd love to read what would have happened if Paul had joined the Teen Team with his sister way back when and they were an incesty but heroic unstoppable force together. Or the other way around -- Kate decides to abandon heroics and go to the dark side with Paul, and together they depose Mister Liu and become the scary, incesty leaders of the Order? I am so into darkfic for this fandom, unf. Alternately, the period when Kate becomes a leader of the resistance and her original and the kids are in hiding: maybe Paul's original came to stay with them and help take care of Mary and Abraham, and they grew closer than they had been since they were teenagers.
Kate Cha/Paul Cha/The Immortal: I love Kate's relationship with the Immortal, and I also would love to see Paul added to the mix in any way that might happen, either before or after the kids are around; anything from a one-night stand fueled by curiosity/jealousy/alcohol to a long-term three-way relationship would be lovely. This could be all three of them mutually-enthusiastically together or it could involve cheating (much as I love Kate and Immortal together, faithfulness has historically not been their strong point), or either Kate or Immortal has a side relationship with her brother with the other's knowledge and permission, really, anything goes. Maybe Paul has to stay with them for a while, hiding out after a mission goes wrong, and he and the Immortal butt heads and sparks fly. Or maybe amnesia or identity mixups are involved ('identical fraternal twins', sure, why not!). Alternately, an AU I keep coming back to is what if the twins were native to the dark Immortal-ruled future timeline? Or what if they were the ones picked up by the freedom fighters to try to save the day there, rather than Invincible himself? Mark had to kill the Immortal to stop him in the comic, but what if they could save him with the power of love? I'd be so into it.
Jason and the Argonauts
Jason and the Argonauts is one of my very favorite comfort movies, and also has a couple of my all-time-favorite mythological slash pairings, and I would be so excited to read anything for either of these ships! It can currently be found on Tubi and Crackle, rented from your favorite streaming platform, or here on YouTube (note, I haven't watched this all the way through but it looks like the whole movie is there and in good quality!).
Hercules/Hylas: I think this is my very favorite version of Hercules in any retelling -- a little past his prime, a little grey in his beard, but still the indomitable arrogant, stubborn strongman with an enormous presence who loves to laugh. And I love the interpretation of Hylas as a cheeky, twinky nerd who outsmarts him while being kinda flirty about it, and the absolute joy his wittiness brings Hercules! Their first meeting with the discus contest is *chef's kiss* perfection, and anything that builds on that dynamic would be amazing. I'd love to read any kind of relationship growing between them during the Argo's journey; there must have been lots of journeying that the movie skipped right over and lots of downtime on the boat to get to know each other (and kiss :3 ). Of course, I'd also dearly love fix-it fic for Hylas's death, however you want to save him and reunite the two of them. If you want to bring in that legend where he gets kidnapped by nymphs, perhaps Hercules could save him, or he could use his cleverness to outwit the nymphs, save himself and find his way back to Hercules!
Acastus/Jason: Their constant antagonism and the big fight when they reach Colchis is delicious to me, and I'd love to see that relationship developed more! (Also, I just think they're both really hot.) What if Acastus added "seduce the captain" to his evil to-do list in his attempt to sabotage the quest? Maybe he could have a god on his side like Jason does (Aphrodite? Dionysus? another god who has reason to interfere with Hera's champion?) who would find it fun to help him out. Or maybe there's the potential for an alternate ending where Acastus survives the Hydra and the two of them reconcile, or where Acastus is imprisoned on the ship on the way back to Thessaly or wherever else they go next? I'm all for it. Or, like, I'm also down for plotless silly smut: maybe there's a big shipwide orgy? One of the islands they land on on the way to Colchis is full of strange sex-pollen flowers? Aphrodite or Eros interferes with the quest by making the Argonauts horny for each other?
Troy (2004)
An almost-20-year-old movie (do you feel old yet? I DO) very loosely based on the story of the Iliad, starring Brad Pitt, Eric Bana, Orlando Bloom, Sean Bean and more attractive people; it is currently streaming on Netflix US and can also be found all kinds of other places! I'm so fond of this movie and all the extremely good-looking warriors in it, and I ship everything in it like whoa. I'd love to read anything set during the movie, before, after, in an alternate universe where different characters survive, or, honestly, whatever you can dream up!
Achilles/Patroclus: The OG of pairings, really. I would love to see anything from their relationship before the war, where Achilles meets his young cousin and how he started training him, and how it turned into a different kind of relationship. Or something during the movie of an already-established relationship between them: a quiet moment in Achilles' tent, Patroclus being upset and jealous after Achilles takes in Briseis and being reassured, or the last night together before they go to war. AU where Hector only wounds Patroclus instead of killing him, and Achilles patches him up and there's lovely hurt/comfort and tender binding of wounds? I'd also love to read an AU where Patroclus and Achilles survive the war somehow, or maybe they never go off to Troy in the first place and make a life for themselves outside of always looking for the next fight.
Achilles/Odysseus: Such an intriguing pairing: the cautious, clever, older-and-wiser king and the brash, hot-tempered young warrior. I'm into it. Would love to see anything about what their relationship was like before the events of the movie. How did Odysseus become the one person who could talk Achilles into joining the mission to Troy (I mean, sure, 'being persuasive' is part of his whole deal, but I'd love to know what more there is to their history together). Achilles seems to honestly like and admire Odysseus, and they're really in synch in battle; maybe they fought together and got close? I'd love to read anything about that. Or something set during the war; Odysseus coming to comfort Achilles after Patroclus's death (...or if Patroclus survives, I also would be very delighted with Achilles/Patroclus/Odysseus happening if that's something you're into. :D) An AU where Achilles survives and goes home with Odysseus on his long unintended road trip? Also very cool and intriguing!
Achilles/Paris: I am not sure these two ever actually interacted in the movie aside from some heated glances and then Paris killed him, but you know what, they're both beautiful and I'm easy. The first thing I thought of was an AU where Achilles' men capture Paris instead of Briseis at the temple (maybe he's a temple boy in this AU, or maybe he was there visiting his cousin and got caught up) and he takes him home as his captive, which would be supremely hot to me. Or maybe an AU where Paris comes down to collect Hector's body instead of Priam and they fight, or Achilles will let him have Hector's body for the price of his body? I'm really into something dark and dubcon here, clearly. But something lighter and sweeter would be fun, too; maybe they both survive the war and meet again years later after some of the wounds have healed, and come to understand and forgive each other. Or the war never happens and they meet some other way and have a normal relationship (you know what I'm really into? Arranged marriage. That would be extremely cool.)
Hector/Paris: Ah, these beautiful, beautiful brothers with such an awesome relationship! Hector's protectiveness over (and exasperation with) Paris is lovely, and I could go for so much more of that in a sexy fashion. I'd love to read anything about the pair of them before Hector's marriage to Andromache, being closer than brothers really should be, maybe having one last night together before the wedding. Or an AU where Hector persuaded Paris not to steal Helen by distracting him, sexily (Hector would totally heroically fuck his brother to protect Troy from danger, I 100% believe it). Some kind of tropey thing where they have to have sex or get married for some reason, like if that one soothsayer who's always completely wrong about everything but Priam listens to him anyway tells him the gods say Troy can only be saved if dick goes in butt? Honestly, I would love anything for these guys, from sweet romance to dark noncon. Go wild.
Murdle (GTK Mysteries Game)
A free, daily logic puzzle game that can be found at Murdle Dot Com! I'm kind of obsessed with this game and with the main characters, two weird murdle-solving friends/rivals who go on dates every Sunday and should definitely kiss! I like them as middle-aged or older dudes who have been solving bizarre crimes for decades, but I'm definitely open to any way you see the characters as well. Seriously, anything would be just lovely.
Inspector Irratino/Deductive Logico: The sky's the limit! The two of them working a case together, and Logico finally solving the biggest mystery of them all: why Irratino keeps faking his own death to test him. Maybe the continuation of one of their weekly dates, or it gets interrupted by one of the villains who are always promising Logico that they'll get payback for putting them in the luxury high-end international rich-people prison. Maybe Logico gets framed for a murder and sent to that luxury high-end international rich-people prison himself, and Irratino is forced to use logic to free him, or vice versa and Logico has to use the irrational? :D I'd also be very interested in exploring their history and the existential weirdness of the world they inhabit with its supernatural crime-solving and color-themed suspects if that's something you like as well. Or on the flip side of that, what if they had to work together to solve a case (feel free to steal one from another canon or from Murdle itself) using real-world rules with none of their usual logic-puzzle or esoteric hints to guide them? Could they do it??
All my requests are for fic only. I have treats enabled on my AO3, which is
DNWs: noncanonical death of requested characters, horror, zombies, explicitly-described gore or major injury, A/B/O, unrequested gender changes or gender headcanons.
Moon Knight (Comics)
These characters are all from the current ongoing run of Moon Knight by Jed MacKay, which is currently 13 issues in and can be found wherever you get your comics as well as on the high seas. I love this book so much and would be delighted to read anything with the new characters MacKay has introduced as well as any of Moon Knight's other supporting cast. I've read some of the older comics but am not as familiar with them, but feel free to bring in anyone and anything you enjoy.
Badr/Marc Spector and Badr & Marc Spector: I really like the amount of kneeling and tender binding of wounds and calling Marc "brother" that Badr has been doing in this book, and I'd love fic that leans into the religious quasi-incest aspect of them having a relationship of any kind (ancient Egyptian gods, as we know, are all about incest!). Whether it's a real connection between them or dubcon/noncon Khonshu Made Them Do It, I'm here for it! Also, Badr and Marc connecting in any way; they have so much to teach each other about the different ways of being Fists of Khonshu and their different philosophies about protecting the Travelers of the Night. Maybe Badr patching Marc up after a rough battle again, or the two of them chasing down a bad guy together. I love the number of little-used C-list villains this book has pulled from Marvel's back catalog and would love to see them take on any old costumed weirdo you can think of.
Soldier/Marc Spector and Soldier & Marc Spector: Um, the run-into-certain-death-for-you loyalty is everything with these two. Also, Soldier wearing the Mr. Knight suit. Also also, I really need Marc figuring out how to look Soldier in the eye after his vampire transformation which he blames himself for, and Soldier reassuring him that he's fine with it. And maybe blood-drinking. I mean, if you want. I'd be happy to see their relationship develop into a closer friendship, or for there to be a whole lot of sexual tension that breaks. I'm all about that clothes-sharing thing, and also the two of them understanding a lot about each other without really saying much out loud. Marc for sure gets Soldier, as a young man who went into soldiering for the wrong reasons and fought for the wrong people and carries a lot of guilt about that, and I'd love to see that connection explored in fic.
House of Shadows/Marc Spector: Yes, I ship Marc with the new Mission itself. It's not weird. (It's maybe kind of weird.) But they have such a great connection, and I would especially love to see the House of Shadows taking care of Marc in a way only a supernatural living building can do: trapping him in the kitchen and shoving food at him until he eats something vaguely healthy, locking him in a bedroom and wrapping him in blankets until he gets some rest. Maybe helping him out with the other needs of his body as well? The sky's the limit, and frankly, the weirder the better.
Reese & Marc Spector: One of the things I love most about Marc and Reese's relationship is Marc, this grown man who is utterly incapable of taking care of himself (look at him when he has his mask off, he is a complete and utter wreck), being bound and determined that he is going to take care of this teenage vampire who's fallen into his lap; and Reese being pretty dang self-sufficient but letting him take care of her anyway because in the process that means he's also kind of taking care of
Cable and X-Force (Comics)
Written by Dennis Hopeless from 2013-2014 and complete in 19 issues (all available wherever you get your comics as well as on the high seas), this is another relatively obscure book that I just adored: Cable's grim determination to save the future one last time, his relationship with Hope, the wonderfully dysfunctional team, and especially these two cantankerous mutant geniuses bickering and one-upping each other through mad science and space travel. I ship it so hard and would love to read anything set during the run or about these two characters reunited in the present day, or anything in between.
James Bradley/Forge: I was so enamored with Nemesis and Forge’s cantankerous bickering and oneupmanship and SCIENCE BATTLES in this title and I ship them like whoa. Just... battle mech, dinosaurs, clones, spaceships, making out. Anything here would make me so happy. A missing scene during the series when the two of them were "lying low" in Mexico or at Forge's super-sekrit underground base? Yes! The continuing madcap adventures of Doc and Skitch post-series after the team breaks up? Oh gosh, yes please! The ramifications of the mind-linky plot that had them wandering around each other's mindscapes (are they now linked in some way? soulbonded??)? Take my money. And also: Dr. Nemesis' empathic starfish, from the X-Club miniseries. ANYTHING with the starfish.
Alpha Flight
Alpha Flight are my favorite team going WAY back; these pairings are all from Classic Alpha Flight starting with John Byrne's run in the early 80s (which can be found in all the normal comics places as well as on the high seas) as well as Alpha Flight: Fear Itself and later comics, and I can never get enough of them! I'd love to read anything about these characters before or during the early days of Alpha Flight, in the present day, or whenever!
Jean-Paul Beaubier/Walter Langkowski: Okay, that issue of volume 1 where Walter died and Aurora was grieving her boyfriend, and Jean-Paul shed a silent tear or two, and it became extremely clear that he had been in love with Walter too? Gah, my heart. I love the antagonistic relationship between these two, always centered around their love for and possessive/protective feelings for Aurora. Anything angsty and twisty would be perfect: manipulation, dubcon, something with Walt’s animal urges as the Sasquatch transformation gets more difficult to control, Jean-Paul being jealous of Aurora for having Walt’s love and jealous of Walt for having Aurora’s? Or Jean-Paul/Walt in something slightly more fluffy and healthy during one of Aurora’s many disappearances, or Walt discovering that his weird feelings toward JP are actually a big old crush and figuring out what to do about that. I'm also very much up for good old something-made-them-do-it (sex pollen, aliens, the early-AF villain Gilded Lily with her alchemical wiles) or any kind of tropey nonsense here, too.
Jean-Paul Beaubier/Raymonde Belmonde: Raymonde was the older man who took Jean-Paul in as a runaway teenager pickpocket and started him off in his pro skiing career, and there are a couple panels in the one issue where he appears that imply both that he's gay ("This is your daughter? But... how?" is a charmingly baffled JP quote that lives rent-free in my head forever) and that he's the one who helped JP learn to be okay with being both gay and a mutant. They had a very intense relationship -- "more than a father, much more than a friend~" is the Comics Code-approved way it was put in Alpha Flight #7 -- and I'd love to read an exploration of that relationship as a romantic or sexual one, either at the time (totally okay with JP being underage here) or later in life. Raymonde coaching Jean-Paul through skiing disappointments or his failure to make friends with the other kids or nightmares about his past, hurt/comfort and blurred lines between a familial relationship and a romantic/sexual one, or the two of them on more equal terms once JP is an adult would all be wonderful!
Heather MacNeil Hudson/Eugene Judd: Judd being in love with Heather is canon and very bittersweet, considering that he was the one she leaned on the most after her husband died around AF #12-13 (in addition to Logan, which, well, see below!). Their slow romance was growing, and then... Mac came back from the dead
Heather MacNeil Hudson/James MacDonald Hudson/Logan: I swear this threesome is as close to canon as any Marvel threesome (well, maybe slightly less canon than Jean/Scott/Emma... or Jean/Scott/Logan). I mean, Mac and Heather first met Logan on their pre-marriage 'honeymoon' trip and spent weeks alone with him in an isolated cabin, taming the wild beast with love! Later comics tried to persuade us that the Hudsons always viewed him as a pseudo-son, but that is not even close to what it looks like, right? Logan is definitely half in love with Heather as of his appearance in the first volume of Alpha Flight after Mac's death, and I'd actually love to see the two of them grieving together, or him showing up after Mac's initial return to find out if it's really him (which... it isn't, it's definitely not!Mac, but what if it was him, and what if they duked it out and then kissed??). Anything from their history pre-Alpha Flight volume 1, when they were at Department H together getting the initial version of the Flight program up and running, or the complicated feelings around Logan's desertion of Department H when he went to join the X-Men (Uncanny X-Men #109, 120-121), would also be just so lovely.
Invincible (Image Comics)
This was a long-running book by Robert Kirkman that ran from 2003-2018 and can be found in the usual comics places or on the high seas! It also recently became an animated show, the first season of which is available on Amazon Prime (though Paul Cha hasn't appeared in the show yet!). I have a thing for complicated and slightly-codependent relationships between twins, and these two push all my buttons! Anything with the Cha twins (plus the Immortal) would be so great.
Kate Cha/Paul Cha: I would adore a fucked-up, codependent Kate/Paul and exploring that any way you want, through canon events or any kind of AU. I'd love to read what would have happened if Paul had joined the Teen Team with his sister way back when and they were an incesty but heroic unstoppable force together. Or the other way around -- Kate decides to abandon heroics and go to the dark side with Paul, and together they depose Mister Liu and become the scary, incesty leaders of the Order? I am so into darkfic for this fandom, unf. Alternately, the period when Kate becomes a leader of the resistance and her original and the kids are in hiding: maybe Paul's original came to stay with them and help take care of Mary and Abraham, and they grew closer than they had been since they were teenagers.
Kate Cha/Paul Cha/The Immortal: I love Kate's relationship with the Immortal, and I also would love to see Paul added to the mix in any way that might happen, either before or after the kids are around; anything from a one-night stand fueled by curiosity/jealousy/alcohol to a long-term three-way relationship would be lovely. This could be all three of them mutually-enthusiastically together or it could involve cheating (much as I love Kate and Immortal together, faithfulness has historically not been their strong point), or either Kate or Immortal has a side relationship with her brother with the other's knowledge and permission, really, anything goes. Maybe Paul has to stay with them for a while, hiding out after a mission goes wrong, and he and the Immortal butt heads and sparks fly. Or maybe amnesia or identity mixups are involved ('identical fraternal twins', sure, why not!). Alternately, an AU I keep coming back to is what if the twins were native to the dark Immortal-ruled future timeline? Or what if they were the ones picked up by the freedom fighters to try to save the day there, rather than Invincible himself? Mark had to kill the Immortal to stop him in the comic, but what if they could save him with the power of love? I'd be so into it.
Jason and the Argonauts
Jason and the Argonauts is one of my very favorite comfort movies, and also has a couple of my all-time-favorite mythological slash pairings, and I would be so excited to read anything for either of these ships! It can currently be found on Tubi and Crackle, rented from your favorite streaming platform, or here on YouTube (note, I haven't watched this all the way through but it looks like the whole movie is there and in good quality!).
Hercules/Hylas: I think this is my very favorite version of Hercules in any retelling -- a little past his prime, a little grey in his beard, but still the indomitable arrogant, stubborn strongman with an enormous presence who loves to laugh. And I love the interpretation of Hylas as a cheeky, twinky nerd who outsmarts him while being kinda flirty about it, and the absolute joy his wittiness brings Hercules! Their first meeting with the discus contest is *chef's kiss* perfection, and anything that builds on that dynamic would be amazing. I'd love to read any kind of relationship growing between them during the Argo's journey; there must have been lots of journeying that the movie skipped right over and lots of downtime on the boat to get to know each other (and kiss :3 ). Of course, I'd also dearly love fix-it fic for Hylas's death, however you want to save him and reunite the two of them. If you want to bring in that legend where he gets kidnapped by nymphs, perhaps Hercules could save him, or he could use his cleverness to outwit the nymphs, save himself and find his way back to Hercules!
Acastus/Jason: Their constant antagonism and the big fight when they reach Colchis is delicious to me, and I'd love to see that relationship developed more! (Also, I just think they're both really hot.) What if Acastus added "seduce the captain" to his evil to-do list in his attempt to sabotage the quest? Maybe he could have a god on his side like Jason does (Aphrodite? Dionysus? another god who has reason to interfere with Hera's champion?) who would find it fun to help him out. Or maybe there's the potential for an alternate ending where Acastus survives the Hydra and the two of them reconcile, or where Acastus is imprisoned on the ship on the way back to Thessaly or wherever else they go next? I'm all for it. Or, like, I'm also down for plotless silly smut: maybe there's a big shipwide orgy? One of the islands they land on on the way to Colchis is full of strange sex-pollen flowers? Aphrodite or Eros interferes with the quest by making the Argonauts horny for each other?
Troy (2004)
An almost-20-year-old movie (do you feel old yet? I DO) very loosely based on the story of the Iliad, starring Brad Pitt, Eric Bana, Orlando Bloom, Sean Bean and more attractive people; it is currently streaming on Netflix US and can also be found all kinds of other places! I'm so fond of this movie and all the extremely good-looking warriors in it, and I ship everything in it like whoa. I'd love to read anything set during the movie, before, after, in an alternate universe where different characters survive, or, honestly, whatever you can dream up!
Achilles/Patroclus: The OG of pairings, really. I would love to see anything from their relationship before the war, where Achilles meets his young cousin and how he started training him, and how it turned into a different kind of relationship. Or something during the movie of an already-established relationship between them: a quiet moment in Achilles' tent, Patroclus being upset and jealous after Achilles takes in Briseis and being reassured, or the last night together before they go to war. AU where Hector only wounds Patroclus instead of killing him, and Achilles patches him up and there's lovely hurt/comfort and tender binding of wounds? I'd also love to read an AU where Patroclus and Achilles survive the war somehow, or maybe they never go off to Troy in the first place and make a life for themselves outside of always looking for the next fight.
Achilles/Odysseus: Such an intriguing pairing: the cautious, clever, older-and-wiser king and the brash, hot-tempered young warrior. I'm into it. Would love to see anything about what their relationship was like before the events of the movie. How did Odysseus become the one person who could talk Achilles into joining the mission to Troy (I mean, sure, 'being persuasive' is part of his whole deal, but I'd love to know what more there is to their history together). Achilles seems to honestly like and admire Odysseus, and they're really in synch in battle; maybe they fought together and got close? I'd love to read anything about that. Or something set during the war; Odysseus coming to comfort Achilles after Patroclus's death (...or if Patroclus survives, I also would be very delighted with Achilles/Patroclus/Odysseus happening if that's something you're into. :D) An AU where Achilles survives and goes home with Odysseus on his long unintended road trip? Also very cool and intriguing!
Achilles/Paris: I am not sure these two ever actually interacted in the movie aside from some heated glances and then Paris killed him, but you know what, they're both beautiful and I'm easy. The first thing I thought of was an AU where Achilles' men capture Paris instead of Briseis at the temple (maybe he's a temple boy in this AU, or maybe he was there visiting his cousin and got caught up) and he takes him home as his captive, which would be supremely hot to me. Or maybe an AU where Paris comes down to collect Hector's body instead of Priam and they fight, or Achilles will let him have Hector's body for the price of his body? I'm really into something dark and dubcon here, clearly. But something lighter and sweeter would be fun, too; maybe they both survive the war and meet again years later after some of the wounds have healed, and come to understand and forgive each other. Or the war never happens and they meet some other way and have a normal relationship (you know what I'm really into? Arranged marriage. That would be extremely cool.)
Hector/Paris: Ah, these beautiful, beautiful brothers with such an awesome relationship! Hector's protectiveness over (and exasperation with) Paris is lovely, and I could go for so much more of that in a sexy fashion. I'd love to read anything about the pair of them before Hector's marriage to Andromache, being closer than brothers really should be, maybe having one last night together before the wedding. Or an AU where Hector persuaded Paris not to steal Helen by distracting him, sexily (Hector would totally heroically fuck his brother to protect Troy from danger, I 100% believe it). Some kind of tropey thing where they have to have sex or get married for some reason, like if that one soothsayer who's always completely wrong about everything but Priam listens to him anyway tells him the gods say Troy can only be saved if dick goes in butt? Honestly, I would love anything for these guys, from sweet romance to dark noncon. Go wild.
Murdle (GTK Mysteries Game)
A free, daily logic puzzle game that can be found at Murdle Dot Com! I'm kind of obsessed with this game and with the main characters, two weird murdle-solving friends/rivals who go on dates every Sunday and should definitely kiss! I like them as middle-aged or older dudes who have been solving bizarre crimes for decades, but I'm definitely open to any way you see the characters as well. Seriously, anything would be just lovely.
Inspector Irratino/Deductive Logico: The sky's the limit! The two of them working a case together, and Logico finally solving the biggest mystery of them all: why Irratino keeps faking his own death to test him. Maybe the continuation of one of their weekly dates, or it gets interrupted by one of the villains who are always promising Logico that they'll get payback for putting them in the luxury high-end international rich-people prison. Maybe Logico gets framed for a murder and sent to that luxury high-end international rich-people prison himself, and Irratino is forced to use logic to free him, or vice versa and Logico has to use the irrational? :D I'd also be very interested in exploring their history and the existential weirdness of the world they inhabit with its supernatural crime-solving and color-themed suspects if that's something you like as well. Or on the flip side of that, what if they had to work together to solve a case (feel free to steal one from another canon or from Murdle itself) using real-world rules with none of their usual logic-puzzle or esoteric hints to guide them? Could they do it??
